Image Map Image Map

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Stick by Andrew Smith


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we seriously can’t wait for. If you know anything about me, then you know I'm a HUGE Andrew Smith fan. Kinda close to stalkerish - even. I have read everything that Andrew Smith has published and absolutely adore every novel. The fourth novel to be published by Andrew Smith is STICK and will be out this fall. Let's check it out, shall we..

Stick

by Andrew Smith 

Stark McClellan (“Stick”) hears the world in a different way. He is surrounded by cruelty and ugliness, but holds on to a powerful sense of wonder, faith, and love for his best friend, Emily, and the most important person in Stick’s world -- his older brother, Bosten, who happens to be gay.
When the boys’ father throws Bosten out of their home, Stick steals a car and takes off on a three-state odyssey to find and rescue him.
Let's take a looksie at the phenomenal trailer for Stick:

Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: October 11th 2011 by Feiwel & Friends
Pre-Order Stick via Amazon HERE!

Other superb novels by Andrew Smith :
Don’t forget to leave me a link in the comments and tell me what goodies you’re Waiting on this Wednesday! Hey while you’re at it, why don’tcha be a pal and follow me while you’re here, I’ll follow back. Pinkie Promise. ;)
 As always, I hope you have a wonderful week and thank you for stopping by. Happy Reading!
Arrivederci.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this one sounds very sad, but liberating, too. I'm very curious about what happens.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is #1 on the books I'm waiting for too.

    The only other thing I wish I had rightthisveryminute would be Maggie Steifvater's Forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fiending for this, and I've only read one of Andrew's novels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of his books but have been hearing a lot of good things about it so I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this one before. I looks goods :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is new for me. However the cover looks frightening for me. The synopsis sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this author before, but I'm definitely going to be checking him out!

    Hope to see you back again soon at my blog:

    www.readingwithrebecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete